Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Jensen's Soccer Career Has Come to an End

Jensen is done with another soccer year under his belt. I didn't think that he would want to play this year because last year he pooped out towards the end and didn't even want to go to his games. However, when I asked Morgan if she wanted to play this year, Jensen piped up and said he wanted to do it again! I couldn't believe it! The kids don't really get the opportunity to be involved in any activities over the summer so I think this is why they really jump on the chance to do stuff like this. I think it's good for them to learn how to be part of team and to realize that they can't give up when things get hard. Jensen had a hard year this year, but I am so proud of him for sticking with it and being to all of his games, but three. He missed the last game, which he really wanted to play in, to go see his father in Casa Grande. I was disappointed to see him not be able to finish out the season strong and most importantly to be there for his team who counted on him. His coach was a single man without any children who volunteered to coach these young children after work and every Saturday. He will get his trophy tomorrow night at Bashas in the Deli area (I don't know, it is just were the coach said to meet)! He is so excited!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Way to go Jensen! What sport are you playing next?