Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Halloween!






This year's Halloween went pretty well considering it is Darren's Birthday, my first classroom party, all the kids being here, and Morgan and Jensen wanting homemade costumes. I love the fact they think by telling me they want me to make their costume this will save me money, but in the long run it always ends up costing something and most importantly my sanity.
Morgan was pretty easy this year. She loves to play dress up at Nana's with April's old Girls Dance dress, so she wanted to wear that and be a "princess". I ended up buying her a tiara at Wal-Mart in the wedding section and some sparkly shoes. She looked cute and we all got a good laugh at Aunt April's dress.
Jensen had his costume in mind for about a month. He told me it was going to be really easy to make. All we needed was a red shirt, white gloves, a hat, and overalls to complete the costume of Mario from Super Mario Brothers. Everything was pretty easy to find except the overalls and the red hat (go figure). They apparently do not make overalls any more. So I thought I would try the good ole thrift store. Well, I didn't find any overalls, but I did find a woman's dress! Now I am no seamstress, but how hard could it be to cut it down the middle and then sew a straight line up the two legs? So that is what we did and I only pulled out half of my hair working with the sewing machine! For the hat I found a white one at the thrift store and dyed it red. Jensen made his own "m" patch and I hot glued it on at school the next morning. He seemed to love his costume. It makes it all worth it to see how happy they are and to think that they are the cat's meow!
Matthew, Garrett, and Rylee came to Thatcher that afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa Evans. Rylee was also a princess, but she said it was the princess from "Pirates of the Caribbean". I did her hair all up and she looked great! We ended up going to the school carnival where we met up with Cambree, Ridge, and Luke. We didn't stay long because we wanted to go see Grannie and Grandpa before they went to bed. So we all made our way over there. Grannie wouldn't let us leave until the kids all had candy. My mom and Aunt LaSchelle were at Wal-Mart trying to buy the candy.
We went over to G.G.'s house next and got our special treat (chocolate rolls and star crunches)! This has been a tradition ever since I could remember. Grandma always has something good to give!
Darren got home early that day because it was his birthday!! He ended up meeting us at Grannie and Grandpa's and then went with us to Nana's to trick-or-treat! We made our way around town a little bit and then ended up at Casa Manana for a birthday dinner for Darren. We met up with Darren's parents, Paul and Nelda. It is always such a pleasure to have them come and visit. We enjoy them so much.
All-in-all it was a great Halloween.

No comments: