Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What Do You Think?


I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this Twilight issue I am having. The series is definitely good and I enjoy it. However, I have a problem with my daughter reading them. Now, some of you might have let your daughters or sons read them, but I would like to know how you came to that decision. I feel that they are too adult for my barely 11 year old. None of her friends are aloud to read them and I have teachers emailing expressing their concern about it. What are your feelings?

3 comments:

chad and lemae said...

i read the books too and loved them. my mother has the same concerns about letting my 11 year old sister reading them. One of are cousins who is also 11 was allowed to read all of them but our other cousin has only been allowed to read the first (since the books develop the physical relationship more with each book, especially the last) My personal feeling on the subject is that the books are to mature for young girls. I feel they are for girls in high school or who are older. If your first instinct was to not let her read them then i think that you should stick with that decision. However, if you think she is mature enough for the content of the books then let her read them. This is just my personal feelings.

Chantel said...

I have to agree with LeMae. I love these books but agree the subject content is a little too mature for her still. My sister who is 12 has not been allowed to read the books because of the content and I think like LeMae said, high school age or older is probably the appropriate age. The books will still be there when she's older and she'll appreciate it more later as well.

Sara Evans said...

I appreciate you leaving your comments. Thank you so much!